To meet the requirements of rule 2.5.16 where documents are required or permitted to be served by email, use the following addresses:
- Sarasota County: email@example.com
- Manatee County: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DeSoto County: email@example.com
Please do not send electronic service of court documents directly to individual Assistant State Attorneys.
- The email subject line must contain “SERVICE OF COURT DOCUMENT” in all capital letters followed by the case number in the Uniform Case Number format.
- The body of the email must include:
- The court in which the proceeding is pending.
- The case number.
- The name of the initial party on each side.
- The title of each document served.
- The sender’s name and telephone number.
- Pleadings must be attached to the email and must be in PDF format.
- The email and attachments together may not exceed five megabytes in size; emails exceeding the size requirement must be divided into separate emails and labeled sequentially in the subject line.